- Three MIT engineers form American Power Conversion (APC) with a focus on solar energy.
- The company shifts focus to power protection for PCs and introduces its first UPS.
- APC introduces its revolutionary power management software, PowerChute.
- APC launches the Smart-UPS line, which is still recognized as the industry benchmark.
- The company enters the residential tech market with PowerShield, a solution for home applications.
- The company brings the PowerStuxure architecture to the network-critical physical infrastructure market.
- APC revolutionizes the data center market with InfraStruxure, its integrated solution for power, cooling, racks and management.
- APC acquires NetBotz to expand its portfolio of data center monitoring solutions.
- Schneider Electric acquires APC and merges it with the leader in three-phase UPS systems (MGE), to become the solution leader in critical power and cooling.